Here is the first of the articles in “7” series. These articles will cover 7 important configuration files on an ESXi server, 7 useful troubleshooting commands, 7 tools to monitor core ESXi performance and 7 useful log files that can help you.
Today I will cover 7 important configuration files on an ESXi server. Please remember to take backup of any configuration files before changing any settings within the file!
- /etc/vmware/esx.conf – This file holds information about sotrage, network and hardware.
- /etc/vmware/hostd/vmInventory.xml – Virtual machine inventory list update on the ESXi server.
- /etc/vmware/hostd/authorization.xml – This file holds authorization for connection between ESXi server and vCenter server
- /etc/vmware/vpxa/vpxa.cfg – Connectivity configuration for ESXi server and vCenter server
- /etc/vmware/vmkiscsid/iscsid.conf – iSCSI configuration file
- /etc/vmware/fdm – FDM configuration with clusterconfig, host list and VM metadata
- /etc/vmware/license.cfg – License configuration file for ESXi server.